MB recall- brakes and electrics

Wow, that is a lot of cars to recall and a bunch of problems too!

Reply to
Martin Joseph

On the bright side, you get a software upgrade, new brake components and maybe new electrical components.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I work at a MB dealership. Other than seeing these articles, this is the 1st I have heard of this. Granted, the dealership is the LAST to know. Funny as that sounds, it is 100% true.

i.e. customers were mailed a letter saying that 'some 2000 S and CL cats will have the warranty extended to 10y/unlimited miles due to noises' up from 8yr/80K. We were notified of the letters being mailed out TWO WEEKS after they were mailed!!! And customers were calling us asking about the letter they received....... But MB in its wisdom, made it a blanket mailing to all 2000 S and CL class car owners. WRONG! It did not affect Calif cars with the 7/70 emission warranty, only Fed cars that had

8/80.

I am not sure the cars affected are USA cars. All the articles use the word petrol instead of gasoline. And talk about the money issue is in Euros. You have to realize that USA cars have nothing to do with DCAG. All USA cars are purchased by MBUSA and then sold to US dealers for resale. All warranty issues with USA cars are handled by MBUSA, not DCAG. That is why all USA MB's carry a

4yr/50K warranty. The DCAG warranty is only 2yr/unlimited miles to the original purchaser.

Reply to
Karl

Like a good 1st of April fooling? Per

Reply to
Per Löwdin

Well, it has to be this way because DaimlelChrysler is a 'public' company.

There are some stock market regulations.

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula