ML 320 Accelerator Cable

For those of you who have the misfortune to own an ML that has a notchy gas pedal feel, there my finally be some hope.

I took my 2001 POS ML 320 to the dealer for it's quarterly repair and was told that they found out there is a new replacement for the accelerator cable.

I've had mine lubed and replaced several times only to have that sticky feeling return within 3 months (or less). They are going to install the part tomorrow and I will let you all know if it has fixed this terribly irritating problem.

While I am not pleased with the vehicle, I can say that my service writer is top-notch. He always goes out of his way to ensure that the techs detect and correct. Maybe I should buy an '05? Surely the quality of the ML had to have improved.

RichieP

Reply to
RichieP

Picked up my ML this afternoon after 2 days in the shop and was unbelievably surprised.

The new accelerator cable assembly felt like a real car/vehicle/truck/etc...

I will post after a few months (or sooner if necessary) to let you all know how well it stands up.

RichieP

Reply to
RichieP