Need help with automotive project

Please, help out our graduate school marketing project by responding to this brief survey. So far, we have only received 26 responses to the survey request. We need to compile 100 responses or more.

I and my project team mates are graduate students at California State University at Los Angeles working on a marketing communications plan for Cadillac as a class assignment. Rivalry and competition among automakers is never ending. For a long time now, GM has been losing market share. Acura, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, and others have captured the hearts of an important segment of the American automobile buying public. GM portrays Cadillac as a symbol of freedom and youthful vitality, a young person's automobile, one that appeals to all generations. Did GM "breakthrough" with Cadillac? Is today's new Cadillac comparable in class and luxury with those during Cadillac glory days? Is the new Cadillac the defining experience of automotive luxury? Please let me and my team members know how you feel about these questions and about Cadillac, by completing the brief survey at

To those who do us the kind favor of submitting a completed survey, Jean, Wai, Joe, Bill, Jacqueline, and John say Thank You; your luxury car kind of people!

Reply to
jd90026

Hahahahahahahaha. That explains all those cadillacs with old guys in the passing lane wearing golf hats with the turn indicator stuck permanently on.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

The BBC classified the Cadillac as "cheap" when comparing it with other cars on the same price range.

Reply to
John

No. It explains the Led Zeppelin songs in their advertising and some of the 30-45 year olds driving around in CTSs and some XLRs around these parts, which are the outside of Philadelphia. I think that they have lowered their median age from dead to near dead. Of course, Lincoln has helped out by not building any cars at all to compete.

Reply to
Hazey

Actually, Led Zeppelin is quite popular with the kids these days, and the Escalade has great cache with the rapping crowd.

Cadillac is in fact a much younger and hipper brand then it has been in

25 years. one of GM's rare successes.

And of course any new caddy is more "youthful" then an old 300 Richard...

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Martin Martin Martin. If I want to attract jailbait I drive the 633.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I've seen this same sort of phrasing in the car magazines several times. Saying "rappers" is obviously a delicate euphemism, a way of tiptoeing carefully around the need to say "blacks."

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Say, what is the 633? That's a model I don't think I've heard of, and I am fairly knowlegable on benzs. 12 cylinder, I take it? What is the body style?

Reply to
wolfpuppy

It's a BMW you eejit. Google it.

OB MB: the body was designed by the same guy that designed the 113SL and 111 Coupe.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

You didn't stipulate that it was a beemer, and this is a mercedes newsgroup, so don't be too hard on me, ok?

Reply to
wolfpuppy

so don't be too hard on me, ok?

Richard is a nice guy, don't take it hard =)

cp

Reply to
cp

Wrong. This isn't about race, it's about youth. Look at all those white suburban kids who try there best to look and talk like gang bangers.

They are part of the "rappers" culture and demographic described also.

Furthermore, caddy long been a strong brand in the african american community, so that wouldn't be any kind of new thing.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

: I've seen this same sort of phrasing in the car magazines several : times. Saying "rappers" is obviously a delicate euphemism, a way : of tiptoeing carefully around the need to say "blacks."

Those white suburban kids generally can't afford Cadillac Escalades.

I didn't say it was new. I said it was so.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

I suspect he is at that, and he does seem to know a lot about mercedes. Anyway, I get a kick out of Brits.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Remember that the term african-american was coined by Jesse Jackson during his stint with the rainbow coalition. Real Americans don't have a damn hyphen.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Luckily you have no actual say in defining real americans.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Anyway, I get a kick out of Brits.

Heck no, he's from Ontario.

cp

Reply to
cp

Anyway, I get a kick out of Brits.

Err, no, I was born in Wales actually, then moved to Canada, then Los Angeles then back to Canada. For fun I speak with a Southern US accent just to confuse poeple.

Bye y'all.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Yes, but you're in Ontario, no? When I say 'from' I mean current residence. Here in Vancouver I don't know many people who were actually born here.

=)

cp

Reply to
cp

Here in Vancouver I don't know many people who were

Yeah, sort of. I'm north of highway 7 on the canadioan sheild where topsoil is scare but water isn't. North of the Ceder curtain they call it up here. Look at a map of Ontario. Find Toronto, then find Ottawa. Draw a straight line between the two and I'm exacly at the nmidpoint.

Reply to
Richard Sexton