New 04' E320 engine break-in questions

Should I avoid running the car in the current frigid winter weather (~20F, no snow) or the cold air is beneficial to the new engine? Also, should I do the
break-in on highway or light city traffic at lower speed? TIA!
Your owners manual should cover this in detail. MB recommends normal, not extreme driving for the first 1000 mi. I'm not sure -20 isn't "severe" in their definition, but erring on the side of caution just drive gently until the engine reaches operating temp. Remeber the rest of the fluids have to warm up as well, so take it easy. DO NOT warm it up sitting at idle, it's a waste of fuel and the engine will actually warm more slowly that way, increasing wear.

no
the
Exactly so. Other than that, congrats on your new car. Enjoy!
DAS

until
So, it's generally not a good idea to warm up your car initially when you start any brand of car in the morning then? I've often wondered about this.
--
R Green
Tech Support

He probably means let the car "warm up" for 1 min or so from a cold start, then drive off and let the engine temp rise normally under use.

not
in
it's
this.
No, just drive. However, it's best to be gentle until it reaches normal coolant temp.