New Mercedes models - finally with some more power

Mercedes has realized cars like the SL 55 AMG with 500 PS are way too slow - so they gave us the SL 65 AMG with 612 PS, that's not the 626 PS of the Mercedes SLR, but ok for driving to the shopping mall.

The next SLR (internal codename C60) will have a supercharged V12 engine with some more power - and for the many people desperately wanting a fast car they will give us a Bugatti Veyron competitor so far known as SLR-S with circa 1000 PS!

Great move Mercedes - we do not need no stinkin' passenger cars with a miserable 300 PS, really urgently need 1000+ PS!

And for the I-do-not-need-much-power buyers there will be a mid-engined Ferrari 430 competitor.

YES, above figures and projects are real!

Juergen - waiting for a 1500 PS car, 1000 PS simply is not enough

Reply to
Juergen .

What the heck are PS? Pounds Sterling?

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Pferdestärke

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

You really want to tell me you do not know that PS is an equivalent to hp??

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Never heard of it, what does it stand for and is it 1 to 1?

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Juergen,

When is production anticipated for the new vehicles.

Why are you against super fast cars?

I plan to buy one as soon as I finish working on my first billion.

Besides, the real problem with those cars is that the gas tank does not increase in relation to the fuel consumption so you spend too much time at the gas station.

.

Juergen . wrote:

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Does it use german horses or some other animal? Anyway I was really worried that they were going to make a car that could run on alchol or batteries.

mcbrue wonderingly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

With an n at the end for anything above 1 .. :-))

For Marty:-

Pferd/Pferde = horse Stärke = power (or strength)

A direct translation.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I'm always there for a good joke - but you are stretching it too far so end of discussion with you in this thread.

Juergen

Mart>

Reply to
Juergen .

So far they are only in an (early) development stage, no (projected) release dates have been leaked yet.

I am aginst this dumb _we do not have any ideas so we act like we would act and top the 500 PS model with one with 612 PS_ behaviour.

When I finish my first billion remind me to give you one of each three models for free!

But to get serious:

Since years Mercedes is heading into the wrong direction, producing lousy cars like the Vaneo with inferior quality at a too high price and too many niche models like the new CLS which will never ever earn their cost due to ridiculously low sales figures - and also there are those useless models like the SLR which add next to nothing to the MB brand prestige, not only because everyone knows it is a McLaren and not an Mercedes, but it also severely lacks spirit: That is why there is extreme trouble and uproar within Mercedes regarding the glorious Chrysler study ME 412 which has it all, the power, the spirit and all the rest. Or take models like the SL 65 AMG: It definitely is ridiculous to top the 500 PS SL 55 AMG with a 612 PS model - even the SL 55 AMG reaches a top speed of 325 km/h (202 mph) so of what use is the extra power? (especially when you consider that the SL is an outdated one-axle-driven-only model). The only answer is that Mercedes wants to cover the fact they have nothing substantial new to add in terms of driver assistance or technical progress so they put out a completely useless variant with simply more power.

Although _forever_ MB will lose _much_ money with every Maybach sold (yes, they will _never ever_ be able to make any money from Maybachs, also the new Baby-Maybach can not change that) I can understand they want to have a top luxury car which shall (does - and will) add glamour to the Mercedes brand - but these Vaneos, CLSs and SL 65 AMGs are simply worthless and to make it even worse as all these bind money and people which both would be utterly needed for the basic model line as this now clearly has fallen behind the competition.

Also known as _The Porsche Syndrome_.

Kind regards

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Thanks man,

Those crazy germans, they have a different word for EVERYTHING...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

You'd be surprised at the creeping anglicisation of the German language...

English is 'in'. They even use the word 'in' to say "in". And 'out' to say "out" (as in 'in or out of fashion')

Plus Insider. A few days ago I heard the "Power Frau" used in a German TV show, meaning "a powerful wife or woman".

I don't think this expression would ever be used in the UK in this way. Yes, 'English' has taken on its own life in Germany... the ubiquitous example I can think of is the 'German' word for mobile phone (cellphone in North America, handphone in SE Asia). It is 'Handy', pronounced 'hendy'.

To drag things back on track I can state that my Nokia Handy fits into the factory-fitted cradle of my Merc...and in Germany they would know what I am talking about...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

The Nokia part is kind of a give away :~)

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Ok, then (if I get your allusion), my Handy fits into...

:-) DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

OK, that's it. I'm cancelling my SLR order! ;#)

Reply to
Michael Low