Oxygen sensor 190E 2.6

I'm replacing the O2 sensor in my 1989 109E. The sensor is mounted in the exhaust pipe under the passenger seat. I have the special split socket used for oxygen sensors. It is tight, but it looks like there is enough room to remove this without dropping the exhaust pipe. Do I have to break the pipe up at the exhaust manifold to get enough room?

And it looks like the wires go up through the floor of the passenger area. Do I remove the carpet in the passenger area to get to the plug?

Thanks, Jim in Houston

Reply to
Jim