Oxygen sensor wiring

When replacing my old oxygen sensor how many wires are there to reconect? I'm guessing the single black 'bullet' connector is the sensor signal and the

2 wire connector jack is for the heater to the sensor. The car is a '89 300E Do I then splice in the new sensor or is it best to route the wiring back to underneath the passenger footwell carpet. Appreciate any pointers before I start

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Your car probably has only one wire... Get a generic one and put it in... cut off the old sensor closest to the sensor...and splice that wire onto new sensor. You might have to shorten the wire as you don't want it hanging too much.

Reply to
Tiger