Re: 300D 2.5 Engine Block Drain Plug

nothing worse than mixing medals!

anyway if you don't want to mess with the plug i would just find a hill point the nose downward do what your going to do.

point it up hill check your owners manual on capacities and use the MB coolant not going over the % of mix required. my guess is a bit to much is better than not enough.

make sure you burp the system with the heater on & are getting heat.

i have bronze pool pumps out there and after 2 years of salt air and pool water leaking past the seals they never come apart even with the bolts removed!

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

I agree with the advice not to fool around with removing block plugs unless really necessary. Another way to flush the cooling system is to flush it with basicly a garden hose connected into the heater hose loop. You can buy a flush kit that has all the connectors/adaptors for a few bucks at auto stores or places like Walmart. They are located with the antifreeze.

Reply to
trader4