Replacement Engine For Dodge 440 In Motorhome

I have had such good luck with the 5 cylinder turbodiesel on biodiesel that I am considering replacing the Dodge 440 in my motorhome, but I need more power than 3 liters.

The chassis GW is 16000 lbs and I need an automtic transmission (preferably a 4 or 5 speed).

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Paul Valois

am considering replacing the Dodge 440 in my

4 or 5 speed).

errr... this might be sacrilegious on this ng but if you are deep of pocket then how about the following? I hears people in Europe drive it on used cooking oil too :)

cp

Reply to
cp

This home weighs more than four 126 chassis m-b sedans so a mid size truck's engine is needed.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Reply to
Paul Valois

Nice engine.....

Is the largest CDI engine from mercedes the 4 liter ?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Not a thing about M-B truck engines. Suggest you consider a domestic truck diesel: Cummins, Caterpillar etc. for reasonable cost, parts availability and repair facilities. For instance, do a Google search for "diesel injectors" or "injection pumps" and you'll find many rebuilders for domestic engines and that means reasonable prices.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Yes, by the looks of the German benz.de site. I think what the motorhome needs is a nice Actros engine :-) I hear some of the Freightliners have them (my father's friend's Freightliner Actros even came with a huge Mercedes Star on it, they don't do that no more, un-American I reckon)

cp

Reply to
cp

Aww,live a little,put a 450SEL 6.9 petrol engine in it!Just jokes!

Reply to
CaptainW116