S320 sufferered from drivers window being left open in rain

Can anyone help? I forgot to close the drivers side door window over xmas and alot of rain entered the car during the storm :oops: , now the car is sick. Things that have stopped working are,

  1. The drivers heated seat and door mirror.
  2. The electric window drivers side
  3. Drivers electric seat doesnt work
  4. Intermittent unable to come out of park.
  5. Alarm intermittently appears to be activating with no sound ( could be reason that cant come out of park)?

Anybody have any Ideas? Cheers

Reply to
Jongary

WAG - sufficient moisture entered into the center/floor console to short out the electronic modules beneath and next to the shifter....which controls windows, mirrors ....though i dont know what else might be located there. this has avg price of $1k to replace. for some reason, your transmission is in limp home-fail safe mode and you'll need a pencil/pen to unstick it (technique should be in your manual).

many of the symptoms you describe are similar to spilling a drink onto the console. if storm drenched inside, water may certainly have entered behind the door panel so focus on the electrical/electronics there as well.

J> Can anyone help? I forgot to close the drivers side door window over

avi8tor01

rreider2