SLK 230 - Instrument panel lighting color, plus skirt question

Does anyone know the precise type of material that the front spoiler (skirt) on the '04 SLK 230 is made from?

Also, I'm not particularly fond of the orange color of the instrument panel lights. I had an Integra way back when, and it was a common customization to remove the instrument cluster and put in a different colored film that the white bulbs would shine through. Is something like this possible on my vehicle or is the lighting system more complex than colored films and bulbs?

RED WOULD BE IDEAL the white depending on how bright it is makes it hard to adjust your eyes at nite

looking at bright white dash to a poorly lit road in the rain is much easer with RED.

ask a pilot

case

Reply to
pool man

Red would be very cool indeed, and would look particularly nice with my yellow exterior. Anything would be better than that spoiled-tangerine coloration emitting from it presently. but god knows how hard or easy it might be to achieve it. i'm not about to take apart my instrument console just to find that out.

i changed mine because it was going to pot

i just got the flexable lights that the bikers use for looks.

they plug into the lighter you place it on the shelf with something to keep the glare out of your eyes

24 bucks.

the lighter turns off when you turn off the car.

pepboys or autozone

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

but if I did that then what would I plug my cellphone, palm pilot, portable gps, air ionizer, motion-activated bobblehead lion and odor-emitting-air-freshener-gold-crown into?