Smart Loss-making Smart 'is not doomed'

Follow your own advice, see your reply above about two paragrapsh up, what does that have to do with "financial viability" Others might not appreaciate the discussion veering off course *smile*

Here in NS it is 84.9 at Superstore.

Yes, and Lemon-Aid and other publications have a large number of complaints about MB (including reports from a number of years ago to stay away from 190s (ours is trouble free)

Been down that road with the Chevy Tracker. Ever checked this out:

Worked for me!

What does speed have to do with high-wind concerns????

My other choices don't need to be limited to anything. I will choose whatever I want to in a vehicle, understand?

Thanks, been using it for years.

THE ABOVE OPINIONS ARE MINE, AND MINE ALONE. THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS INCLUDING MY EMPLOYER(S)

Reply to
George Johnston

THE ABOVE OPINIONS ARE MINE, AND MINE ALONE. THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS INCLUDING MY EMPLOYER(S)

Reply to
George Johnston

Hi guys & gals, As the "forum meister" of a smart car club and a smart owner of 4 years I just thought I'd let you know that (thanks to the high price of fuel) smart seems to be slowly reversing it's trend.

Re long distances: The lumbar support on the smart seats and upright driving position with FAB visability make long distances an absolute pleasure. Previous company cars included Ford mundane-os & ka-ks, vauxhall astras (ok but bland), & renault lagunas (OK). the Fords were very uncomfortable on long journeys, the astras killed and the renaults were OK. In comparison the smart is like driving in cushioned & supported comfort.

The facility to show your individuality through your smart car choice of panels (which are interchangeable) is inpired. (this is my car :)

It's double & triple wall construction, ABS, traction control, crumple barriers, twin floor & high steel back seats give me the feeling of driving around in a very safe steel roll cage.

ALL that PLUS 60+ miles to the gallon. One Canadian in a diesel smart travelled accross Canada getting up to 100 miles per gallon!

With those statistics I hope more people start making the "smarter choice" soon!

Best Regards Nicola Callow admin smartmaniacs.co.uk

Reply to
smartmaniacs

This is all very well but with luggage space at approx 5 Tesco shopping bags or a set of golf clubs it's not that good for going away with, let alone travelling across Canada..

Maybe Merc's losses will be mitigated, though.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling