sponsored by Mercedes

People at Mercedes knew about this, why they kept hiring this guy?? Are we all Mercedes owner a bit quilty because we buy Mercedes?

Reply to
me

snipped-for-privacy@me.nl haute in die Tasten:

First of all, in Germany you do not get fired just because of some bad rumours about your driving. Second, the main question of the trial was to prove the fact that the alleged driver was actually there at that point.

I do not think that any Merc buyer has to feel guilty for that. Mercedes has a perfect test track where they can test their cars with speeds up to

200 mph (and they actually do it). If you would refuse to buy any car of a company which employs criminals, you had to take the bus instead.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

What did he do wrong? What was a Kia (was it a Ford Kia, very teeny) doing at 150km/h? What would you expect to happen when you jerk a tiny car with tiny wheels at 150km/h? Her fault. No Kia (even the E-Class look alike) should be driven in the fast lane on any autobahn.

cp

Reply to
cp

But why is he considered to be a criminal?

cp

Reply to
cp

I just read that article. It's written in tabloid style in an inflammatory tone even though the story is tragic. Why was the Kia driver in the left lane? Maybe she was overtaking, but if she wasn't, she had no business being there.

Nevertheless, what Turbo Rolf was doing was entirely intimidatory and he deserves punishment. Tailgaiting is dangerous. Fatal, even, as shown here.

I have had nutters on my tail at over 160 km/h and it's scary.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

No, he'd have to walk by feet! ;-)

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

If that was a Ford Kia it had no business being outside of a city street

wellll.... if he nudged her then it's his fault and he should pay.

I've had nutters on my tail at over 240 km/h "numerous" times and I just get out of the way, they expect you to be as competent as they think themselves to be, around here the person being tailgated would slam on the brakes and cause an accident.

Reply to
cp

why didn't you move over?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

Reply to
127.0.0.1

"cp" haute in die Tasten:

Because he allegedly tailgated and theated a woman so hard that she panicked and killed herself and her baby at a tree at the road. He was driving 130+ mph, she was driving 90 mph.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

"cp" haute in die Tasten:

Well, an Autobahn is a public road which can be used by all types of car as long as they are capable to drive faster than 60 kph.

Do not feed the trolls.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

"Dori A Schmetterling" haute in die Tasten:

The jury is convinced that the woman had overtaken a van 500 feet before. She should have changed to middle lane or right lane, this was a mistake. But of course it is against the law to force somebody to change the lane. This is the reason the driver got charged.

In Germany there is a recommended top speed of 130 kph (approx. 80 mph). If you ate travelling faster and you are involved in an accident it is your task to prove that the accident would also have happened at 80 mph. This is a problem for the guilty driver: This accident would never have happen if he had been cruising with 80 mph.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper
127.0.0.1 haute in die Tasten:

No name, no answer.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

My point was that the Kia driver was irresponsible driving at 150

true :-)

cp

Reply to
cp

More observed in the breach, as anyone who has attempted to pass and just barely cleared the vehicle to be passed to find somebody hanging on your bumper with hi-beams on and left turn signal blinking...

Reply to
Stan de SD

Heck, I did 190 one night downhill on the A61 near Moenchen-Gladbach in of all things a 1.1L SEAT Cordoba. I wanted to see how fast the piece of shit would go in a tailwind downhill. However, I made damn well sure there was nobody else on my side of the autobahn for at least 1 km in either direction. I could accept killing myself by doing something stupid, as long as nobody else was around to get hurt - or watch.

Reply to
Stan de SD

you crazy guy! the wheels didn't fly off??

:-) you be careful now!

Reply to
cp

Wow I was just about to type up a reply stating the exact same thing. You said it!

Reply to
Paddington

I usually get out of the way too, it's just when I am overtaking and the guy in front is doing 160 km/h and Mr Tailgaiter is so damn blind and impatient that he can't wait a few seconds at 160 before he gets back to 200 km/h...

Sometimes I flash my hazard lights or touch the foot brake to send a signal.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

In case you mean me, see slightly earlier reply. Can't always move over the instant Mr Nutcase Tailgate arrives. I am sure that applies to lots of people.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I still do not know what management of Mercedes did. It was well know in the company that this testdriver behave like a complete idiot.

Reply to
me