What can I do with an intrument cluster from a 2004 SL500

When importing an SL500 from the US to Canada, the instrument cluster must be replaced by one with the speedometer marked in kilometers It's cost is about $2,000. Now I have a cluster with only 10k miles and have no use for it.

Reply to
John

Sell it on ebay

Reply to
Grungedude

You mean you couldn't buy a used KM cluster or have that one converted to KM?

Reply to
Tiger

Isn't it just fine having the US cluster because it displays both MPH and KPH?

My 1983 Ford Econoline Starcraft was a grey market vehicle in Canada, but had a standard US speedo with MPH and the little KPH. The van was fully legal in Canada.

Later importing it into the states went without a hitch.

Just my 2 cents, Hrvoje

Reply to
hrvoje

Within a couple of weeks I should have my car registered in Canada. I will them give you a detailed history with costs included.

John

Reply to
John