Wood Trim

Does anyone know where I can obtain the simulated wood trim for around the shift lever and door switches for an 1987 420 SEL? Also I'm looking for the plastic piece at the bottom left side of the driver's seat.

Contact me at snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for your help Neal

Reply to
Neal

SIMULATED wood trim, eh? Good luck with that!

Reply to
Rob

I think the wood is actually real, not simulated. But anyway, the only 2 sources would be either MB or an auto salvage yard. Given that the car is relatively common, I would think you'd have a good chance finding it at a salvage yard, especially if you are patient. Try googling for used MB parts, etc.

Reply to
trader4

Try ebay for used wood trim at good price. If you are handy, you can refinish your own wood... use chemical stripper to remove that hard finish... never sand or you will wipe those zebrano stripes away... or the burlwood... which ever one you have.

Restain it and use piano lacquer finish. Be sure to finish the underside with a sealer... anything to stop humidity from affecting the wood... which is why it cracked.

Reply to
Tiger

Oh... by the way, if you do have a crack... seal the wood before you stain it or otherwie your crack will be stained alot darker and you will see it.

Reply to
Tiger

"I'm looking for the plastic piece at the bottom left side of the driver's seat."

I bought the plastic piece for the bottom left side of the driver's seat on my 1987 300E at the dealer in 2003 for only $13.39. Could not believe it was so "cheap" at a dealership, I guess it is a rapidly moving regular replacement item.

Reply to
Pete Cowper

Thanks for the input everyone. My search continues.

Neal

Reply to
Neal

I thought there was someone out there on the web that was refinishing the real wood trim. I couldn't find it with Google, but I know he is (or was) out there!!

John

Reply to
John Simpson

i buy similar pieces for a W201 years ago:

he sell full kits

Reply to
Dr_Chino

Reply to