Removing Xantia door trim

I have a '00 Xantia Break, and can't figure out where to start, in order to remove the trim panel. I can't spot a single screw or bolt to provide me with a starting point. Please help.

Regards, Lars Lerager, Denmark

Reply to
Lars L. Hansen

From the Haynes manual for the earlier Xantia I have scanned in this sction. Please excuse spelling/grammar as I whizzed it through an OCR package/

Front door Panel Removal I Open the door, then lower the window glass to approximately two-thirds of its travel. and disconnect the battery negative lead. 2 Lilt up the inner door lock operating button then. using a small screwdriver, depress retaining tab, and slide off the button is illustration). S On models with manual windows, pull the winder handle off the spindle, and then remove the spindle trim plate.

4 Unscrew the screw from the lower real edge of the interior handle surround (SE illustration). 5 Carefully prise the surround panel from the. interior handle. Where applicable, disconnect the wiring plug~ from the electric window electric mirror switches, and withdraw the panel (see Illustration). Similarly. when applicable, disconnect the mirror remote control mechanism from the panel. 6 Remove the two armrest tower screws. 7 Remove the armrest upper securing screw, located in the interior handle aperture (rote that the armrest is integral with~ the door inner trim panel) (see illustrationl. 8 Remove the door inner trim panel securing screw, which is located at the front edge the interior handle aperture (see illustration). 9 Using a screwdriver, carefully prise off the loudspeaker cover panel. 10 Working in the loudspeaker aperture, remove the three door inner trim panel securing screws (see illustration. 11 Using a suitable forked tool, release the securing clips, and withdraw the trim panel from the door. Disconnect the loudspeaker wiring as the panel is withdrawn. 12 If the plastic sealing sheet is to be removed it will be necessary to remove the interior door handle (see Section ~3) and, where applicable, the electric windows control unit, as follows: a) The electric windows control unit is secured by two screws which also secure the wiring connect or plate. Disconnect the wiring plug from the control unit, then
Reply to
Malc

Malc ( snipped-for-privacy@lightindigooverthere.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

These are the same as on the XM and ZX, probably also later AXs or early Saxos. They're *horrible*. Buy a new one. I don't think they're expensive, but they're a bastard to put back on so they grip...

Reply to
Adrian

Oh yes indeed. Super glue can help but not always reliably.

Reply to
Malc

Malc ( snipped-for-privacy@lightindigooverthere.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Until next time you need to take the door off, at which point you start getting *VERY* sweary at the bodger who had the thing off last time...

... then you remember it was you.

Reply to
Adrian