OOps!!!

Just turning over my MGB GT (1974) And crossed terminals on the Battery !!!!!!!! Smoke from Alternator harness. What's likely to be knackered, Alterrnator, control box, much else ???

Greg Thomas

Reply to
Quidam

Alternator diodes almost certainly, maybe alternator regulator as well. Might also have trashed the revcounter and any alarm/radio/hi-fi gear you have installed. Is your fuel pump an original points type or one of the replacement electronic jobbies? If the latter check that too. :-(

Reply to
Ian Edwards

Reply to
Quidam

. . . and silly me, I forgot the ignition. If you have the original points system, that'll be OK, but if it's been replaced with an electronic system, then that's something else that may be trashed.

Also, if you had smoke from the alternator wiring loom you obviously need to see how far back the damage extends there too. Good luck!

Reply to
Ian Edwards