tach dead. . .

Hi Ho-

I put an electric tach in a '61 MGA. Worked ok for a yr but then gradually seemed to die. Since then, it stays mostly dead except for an occassional blip where the needle bounces a few times then goes dead again. Is there a way to check my wiring (should be ok) or rebuild the unit?

thanks, y

Reply to
Yah Navatkah

HI Yah, On my '67 MGB I suffered the same problem. For what its worth, the insulation on the little flexible LT lead inside the distributor had failed, ( or maybe the plaited lead itself had gone brittle, or maybe both) causing intermittant tach failure. I could not find an exact plaited replacement, so I simply used 2amp insulated wire and tucked in a small loop. That was 5k miles ago so it worked.

Worth trying if the systems are similar.! Cheers P

Reply to
Pointer

thanks!! will give it a shot & let u know how it goes-.

cheers, y

Po>>Hi Ho-

Reply to
Yah Navatkah