HS4 carb - small pipe from float to jet

i have a 1981 998 mini pickup. when running, the bottom of the float body gets wet with petrol. is there a common cause of leak around here? I have today fitted a new rubber O ring in the float body, but now suspect the jet end to be leaking, running down the link pipe and dripping off the bottom of the float chamber.

I have a 998 mini city breaking for parts and have removed its carb this afternoon. I was wondering whether to replace just the jet body, thus the mixture won't be affected, or to bolt on the mini city carb - which i do not know if it works. the city has a AAC needle in it, which i think is richer than the standard ADE as the city has had a big exhaust on it. the pick up is standard all the way. if i put the city carb on, i will have to put the standard needle in and play with the mixtures etc.

thanks for any help RS

Reply to
RS