1993 1.5 High Idle Mirage/Colt

I have a 1993 Plymouth Colt, same at the Mitsu Mirage, with a 1.5 engine.

I read somewhere about problems with idle speed and the IAC. I runs about 2000 rpm in park, and 850 rpm in drive.

I removed and cleaned the multiport throttle body, Fast Idle adjustment port, and the Idle Speed Control motor ports. Accelleration is much smoother, but the Idle speed is still up there. Trottle plate is bottomed out (closed) at idle.

Has anyone had issues with the TPS sensor, or the IAC motor causing this?

I don't think the computer retains any data that controls this.

Reply to
star raider

I'd say you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Look at the small hoses for holes. Also, there's an air idle adjustment on the throttle body. Its a phillips type screw under a 10mm round black cover.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS