Question -- 1993 Eclipse GS

Alright, I have a 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 16v DOHC (automatic) and whenever I go into reverse, the car stutters for a few seconds and drops to about

400-500 RPM's. Is this normal or is there a problem? If it's a problem, what should I be looking at?

Also, at random times, I'll hear something sounding like metal rubbing against metal near the front passenger side tire, what could this be?

Thanks.

Reply to
FeaRx

The noise from your front end, could be your brake pads worn down to metal, might pay to take off your front wheels and check for wearage. The stutter in your gearbox, could be the oil level is too low or it needs a service, one of the hassles with Mitsubishi's is that the air pressure dosnt build up enough to do its job. Proper oil level and also too much can cause hassles. When was your auto serviced last ??

Reply to
Peter