1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.0

Just replaced the plugs and wires (huge job!!!). Runs much better, but horribly loud and obnoxious! Also, performance (power) still seem slightly sluggish (this could just be my impression because of the terribly loud roar of the engine). Could this be a timing problem or a fuel problem? Or, is it likely exhaust system? It truely sounds like a Boston Whaler! I can't drive down the streets at night, someone might call the police!

Somebody please help me!

talkdoc

Reply to
talkdoc

Well, is an exhaust flex joint burned out? Take it to your nearest muffler shop. If thats all it is, any shop can cut the old one out and weld a new one in, on the car.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS