95 eclipse stalls at high speeds and only restarts if switch is turned to off and back on again

My daughter has a 95 eclipse and has had a terrible time keeping the electrical problems solved. After painting and a rebuilt engine we had a wiring harness burned on the exhaust system, new computer and now second computer crank sensors, and many other replacements. She can be driving down the road at 60 or 70 miles per hour and it will just cut off. The only way to get it to restart immediently is to turn the switch off and then back on. Since it is a straight drive she can do this while running and it will continue on down the road until the next time it decides to quit again. If it quits and she doesn't turn the swithch all the way back to off it will not start. Maybe at some time it might, but we know the fastest way is to turn it back to off. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars later we still have some of the same problems we had the last time it was in the shop. Please help if you have experienced these problems.

Reply to
rick

Electrical gremlins are the worst...I assume you don't have a logger? You may want to borrow one from someone in your area with a OBII logger.

Is this a turbo or non-turbo engine? The non-turbo is a 420a which is essentially a Neon and a Neon group may be able to help more than a Mitsubishi group. However, do you hear a clicking sound from the console/radio are when this happens? Also check to see if the power windows still work within 5 secs of cutout. If the windows don't move, I'd suspect the power directly to the ECU. Otherwise I'd check the crank angle sensor as the next culprit.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Yeah, must be a 420A, the harness on a 4G63 car isn't even close to the exhaust.

Did you splice in new sections of wire to replace the damaged conductors?

Reply to
simpleton