Fuel consumption.

I got meself a Lancer Sportsback (a basic model); Quiet happy (-:

Whilst waiting for the English version of the owners manual I'm at a bit of a loss to know how it works out the fuel averages; When I start off in the evening it could well say that I'm using 40 litre per 100 km. And then drop down to 9Ltrs/100km within, say, 300 metres. And by the time I'm almost home (10K further along) it'll be down to around the 4Ltrs/100km.

Does that mean that my average over the whole journey was the 4 litres/ 100 km... or is that 4 ... only representing the length of the journey during which that "average" was been given?

I'm still on my first tank full.

If it represents the whole journey and I usually manage an "average" of averages of about 4.3 then from the 59 litre tank I reckon I could be getting around 1,372km... but right now I've done 739 km and the computer says I could do another 210. That less than 950, which, though a significant improvement on my last car..; some ways off the

1,372.

And that assuming I even have another 210Km of fuel left because, well, the fuel calculator seems entirely ... well... I would hold my breath on that one, let's just put it that way.

Reply to
aquachimp