Good retiree car ?

It seems to me like Mitsubishi is getting better and might on the tail of the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. I'm 6' 3" and 190 lbs, retired and need to get a good four door and my main concerns are reliability, low cost maintenance and initial cost and be able to do some of the maintenance myself. I would consider a year or two year old also and have noticed that the Galant and Diamante don't hold resale value. I hear of Honda Civics going to 300,000 miles with few problems but not of any Mitsubishis. Which is better, the Diamante or the Galant or did I miss one? Oh, we'll be taking about three 2000 mile cross country trips each year with the rest around town and several 200 and 300 mile ones. Thanks

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik