MAF on Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0

Some tuning shop offers a MAF module to be interface with ECM in order to improve the signal and allow air-fuel mix control by the driver.

I ask if it is really of use, if it is also suitable for my Mitsu Eclipse 1G non turbo, and if I risk to burn the ECM this way. please check the following auction (it's in English) and give your opinion..

thanks andrea

Reply to
Andrea

No its not. It's merely a variable resistor that provides or varies the approximate MAF voltage to the ECU. This can have the effect of adjusting the air-fuel mix the ECU delivers to the engine.

"...by the driver." means YOU have to fiddle with this, as you drive. How will you KNOW when the adjustment is correct?

A functional MAF Sensor does it automatically according to the barimetric pressure and ambient temperature.

It's certainly not worth GBP 20.

Don't waste your money.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Also note that the device is for a hot wire meter and the Eclipse uses a karman meter.

simpleton