Shogun Sport Diesel

Hi, I'm considering buying a Shogun Sport diesel version. However, having had a test drive, I found it quite noisy with lots of vibration at idle. When I mentioned this the dealer said there was a "power upgrade" available (basically an engine management system re-chip) which adds about 50-60hp but, he claims, also makes the engine much smoother and quieter. It costs 700GBP so needs careful thought before I commit. Does anyone have any experience of this upgrade? Is it really that effective? TIA...Mark

Reply to
MG

Diesels almost always have more vibration than a gas engine. I'd require the dealer to provide at least one local reference owner you can contact yourself. They HAVE installed some of these kits, right? An extra 50-60hp seems a bit high for a simple chip upgrade. Is the vehicle a turbo version? Or is the dealer just quoting from a manufacturer's spec sheet that says UP TO 60 more hp?

If it's so good, you'll get a glowing recommendation, and likely a test drive. If not, well ...

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS