supercharger for 2001 mit. galant 4-cyl?

is there one in existensse?

thanks

Reply to
Robert Jackson

Not that I know of. There is an Eaton kit for some of the Mitsu cars so you might try there. The kits cost about 5K. IMHO you are probably better off selling the car and buying something else. FWD and forced induction isn't the brightest idea. I has a GST for a while and eventually moved up to the GSX and later the 3000GT/VR4. GSX was the best car I had, better the 3K/VR4 by a long shot.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

OK, you want more performance, so an engine swap is probably the way to go, rather than trying to find a supercharger, or a turbo kit for that matter.

Q1: do you have automatic transmission? If Yes, sell the car and get a manual transmission model. The fastest way to $$$$$crew up a Mitsu 4cyl automatic transmission is to push it harder.

Q2: is your transmission mounted onto the RHS or LHS of the engine?

In the Mirage / Lancer, up to 2002 (AFAIK) , the transmission is on the RHS, and is an F5M2x or possibly F5M3x series. From 2003 onwards, the transmission is on the LHS, and is an F5M4x series. Consequently, the engine is rotated 180 degrees, and the head has the intake and exhaust on the opposite sides vs the earlier models. This is why you can't easily stick a Talon/Eclipse 4G63 turbo into the later models.

I'm not sure about the Galant transmissions, but they likely changed in 2003 as well. If your Galant has the transmission on the RHS, then the best thing is to get a 4G63 turbo complete, and do the swap. You can get 4G63Ts from Jap engine importers.

If your 2001 has the transmission on the LHS, you can try to source a recent Jap 2003+ 4G63T.

See my web site for the sorts of things you have to consider. Its info for the Colt/Summit/Lancer, but its generally applicable to the Galant too.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS