Whizzing sound on accelleration

My wife has a 2002 Eclipse. The other day we noticed that then you accellerate from a stop, we're hearing a kind of whizzing sound. To me it sounds like an air wrench. It's quite loud and makes you want to let off the gas, and then it goes away. But it does this any time the engine is under stress. It also does it in Park, but you really have to push the pedal to the floor to reproduce it.

We just had the 100k service... could it be a belt or something they didn't tighten enough?

Dana

Reply to
Whiplash