Since I have an aux-in in the Saab

What mp3 solid state players do you use, and how do you mount it. Unlikely anyone make an iPod adaptor for the cd changer control on such an old HU, and I don't buy into the shiny store lifestyle like some of the fanboys at work, so I guess it needs to be in view to control from the player.

I was thinking about 4gig solid state, small screen for track/playlist details and chunky buttons, not flush mounted and smooth jog dials. Not arsed about video playback.

Reply to
Elder

Heh, I have an smugPod and a CD changer adaptor for the MX-5. I don't think I have a shiny store lifestyle really, but I do own a Mac. (c:

I still don't rate iTunes for Windows.

Although I think this bit may have been aimed at one italian car fan in particular, I'm going to dignify it with a response.

I think iPod is a good product. Better to use for me than other similar offerings I have tried from Creative and Sony.

Anyway, if what you want is a USB pen drive with MP3 player, there's loads to choose from and their hard drives don't die the first time you drop them.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I was thinking more of the nano clone with proper buttons, rather than fiddly little dimples, and too small a body.

Reply to
Elder

I have an iPod 30GB. It is OK. Tougher than you'd think. iTunes is crap though. A friend has a Samsung solid state 4GB (I think), it is pretty nice, and apparently doesn't need any stupid software like iTunes - he tells me that you can use windows media player or even just transfer mp3s to it as another drive (which would be my preferred method).

Of course, if you are worried about button/finger interfaces, you have no excuse not to get *a cable* for it and make a proper switch panel with big chrome momentary-action toggle switches and everyfink!

Reply to
conkersack