Painted red !

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Reply to
Nom

Everything.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Nom

I thought RS turbos had discs on the rear...

Reply to
REMUS

I noticed today that the 'Sport' Ka doesn't - ew.

Reply to
DanTXD

that's coz the sport KA is KA'rap

Reply to
Vamp

i shouldnt laugh at that, but i am...

Reply to
Theo

Well that one doesn't !

Reply to
Nom

A professional motorsport outfit using spacers, is rather a different thing ! They're using them for known, calculated, specific reasons.

Joe Public (ie, you) bolting them on, is only doing it to bodge some fuckup wheels on there.

Be told !

Reply to
Nom

People have been doing 4x100 --> 4x130 conversions on VWs for over 10 years now. And what do they know in comparison to Nom? Well probably allot more but who cares eh?

You know you still haven't given one factual reason why they can't be used?

Oh yeah you said "they suck", I stand corrected! OH!! They are "unsafe"!! That's why they are EU marked, silly me!

I have never heard of a spacer/adapter failing, i've heard of a couple of retards who didn't torque their wheel nuts to the recommended poundage and wore out a couple of sub standard aluminium items without even a steel helicoil.

Reply to
REMUS

I think they mean mucks up handling, wears wheel bearings etc. Theoretically they are right, but an offset change of say up to an inch doesent seem to be enough to change much, at least on the half dozen or so dodgy wheel swaps I have done. That V8 sierra for ex had the offset 2 inches too "out" just to get those extra wide wheels to miss everything. If anything it felt nicer and handled better.

Reply to
Burgerman

That's just it the wheel spacers usually put Porsche wheels on the right ET for VW's which is around 30-40 since big Porsche alloys are usually built to ET 60ish. You just need to know how to use spacers, any spastic can put them on a car.

I ment to ask you, how do you think et18 15"x8" will handle on a mk2 golf?

Reply to
REMUS

I have absolutely no idea! Try it. I personally prefer the solid feel you get from the sidewalls with wheels that are a fraction too wide for the tyres. Less sidewall shifting around. Dont suppose it actually gives any more grip but it feels more accurate!

Reply to
Burgerman

Yeah as soon as I wear out the 225s that are on it I think I will stick some yoko 205s or somthing similar on there.

Reply to
REMUS

WTF ?

I gave you a carefully typed list of 5 factual reasons !

Do you actually read the posts you reply to ?

Reply to
Nom

Yeah, and I got these type of replies from people that had done the conversion.

"1.If you get the right ones, everything fits nicely

2.I never had any balance issues, car drove smoothly. 3.My wheel bolts are not any longer than normal ones. The adapters mount to the car, the wheels mount to the adapters. 4.My adapters are made from aluminum, maybe weigh 5 pounds. My porsche wheels are forged and weigh 13 pounds a wheel. 5.I have driven, at high speeds, low speeds, hard cornering, the twisties you name it, and never had a wheel depart form me."
Reply to
REMUS

You're right, they're great. Give em a go, I guarantee you'll have no issues at all.

Reply to
Nom

:)

Reply to
Theo

I'm not saying they are fanstastic, but they don't turn your car into a death trap either.

Reply to
REMUS