'05 GT convert. on X Plan?

How long do you think I'll have to wait to get one on the X Plan?

Reply to
Anonymous

multiple guess:

till Hell freezes over

till you're too old to drive

till Ford has more than one car that is selling

till it's as out of date as the last model

I'm in the same boat as you......supposed to be eligible for X......the dealer laughs in my face. To add insult to injury, my company also has access to Ford Fleet pricing.....which for an 05/06 Mustang is $2000 off net dealer invoice and $500 cash back.

Fact is, Mustangs are on an allocation basis.....it's not a matter of the dealer settling on less profit for a car he orders for us......with tight allocations, every one he makes a deal on is one less he can screw somebody on.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

If the dealer laughs in your face then you just need to escalate it. Talk to the factory, or your X-Plan rep. Be sure to mention that at the dealership, hell threaten to post your experience on epinions.

They will only laugh in your face if you let them, dealers are a dime a dozen. I know of one or two that lost quite a bit of my money, and they heard about it from more than just me.

Reply to
Andrew

Okay, I just got back from a local dealer. He said X-Plan was no problem at all. But he also said that while they are getting plenty of V6's, he has no idea when we'll see a GT convert. premium in the area.

Reply to
Anonymous

I know it'd take a bit but couldn't you just order one off the x-plan site? It's been a couple weeks since I was last on the site so I forget if you can just outright order the car you want...

-Joe

Reply to
Desert Lurker

I didn't know there was such a thing!

Anyway, I must have accidentally entered 2004 when I was pricing my car at KBB. Mine is only worth $17k, not $22k. So that kills the whole deal. :-(

I wanted one, but we're in the middle of a $40k addition to our house, and a baby is coming in June, so looks like no go.

Reply to
Anonymous

OK - so today visited my 3rd dealer and told them about my X-Plan eligibility. this one told me that I could order an '06 at sticker........delivery some time after December......'06 price increase thought to be 2% but no guarantee.

Let them eat cake......they can take their sticker and shove them.......

No, it's a free county and they can do what they want.....and so can I. If I'm gonna pay BMW, Boxter, SLK or '04 Vette price, that's what I'm gonna drive. From what they're saying about the health of FoMoCo, they might wish they hadn't tried to screw this 5 time buyer.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

I would bet my last dollar that a year from now they will be selling cheap, maybe even at invoice. There will be a lot of them on the road. Hell, there are 8 sitting at my hicktown dealer right now. Only 2 are GT's though. I'm in the Toledo area, where are you? You may want to contact dealers around here or Detroit. I know for a fact they are selling at MSRP right now.

Reply to
tony kujawa