1972 mach1 351c problem

hello i have a problem with my 351c well here it is i overhauled the engine bored 30 over 10 on crank got forged pistons and my cam is a lunati cam with a 572 lift and 268 esh and a 110 angle lobe i realy dont know wat the lobe means but oki swaped my 2v head for 4v heads and a torker intake ..... jus wanted to give an over view of wat im workin with here sooooo heres the problem the engine starts up strong but sounds a little wierd it start up with the high output timing setting 13726548 wen i put it in gear it runs but it does not run like a beast like it was meant to run it jus runs slugish i opend my valve covers and noticed that the rocker arms are all tight but 2 at a time ill crank it to cahnge position and another 2 somewhere else are loose and the ones that were loose before are tight now iono wat to doive messed with the timing checked vacume could it be the cam is not on time with crank this is my first cleveland so im a bit hesitant with everything i do any sugestions to wat i should do the tires wont squeak at all maby a piston is miss firing anyone else had this problem my guess is the cam please help

Reply to
frodojv2007

Your cam is too tall & your valves are too big for running much below

5000-6000 rpm. Poor atomization & low intake velocity are your enemies.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

well wat sugestion do u have a much smaller cam?? will it still put hard if i go smaler than 500 lift wat would u do in this situation i was gona go with a difernt cam and some roller rockers instead of the stock ones and a performance dizzy i realy jus want to have a loud good soundin car that can go if u know wat i mean not over kill but jus enogh

Reply to
frodojv2007

Building an engine MUST be purpose-driven, it is a scientific quest, & even more so with a Cleveland, than with a small block Chevy or Ford. The 351C needs special attention due to it's breathing characteristics, and chamber shape & design.

I can't do your homework for you. Get a Cleveland specific engine building book, read up on mag & tech articles all you can. It's not an overnight project.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

i apreciate the help ima tear apart tomorow and check the timing and timing chain all the basics and put the roller rockers see if can adjust them right and if that dont work ima find a better cam for it and i was reading up and maby a c6 trany witha torque converter should help and make it run better

Reply to
frodojv2007

The way you are set up now you should have a stick shift or a 3500rpm stall converter.

Run your cam straight up or slightly advanced, w/ 93 octane or better fuel.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

i cant even get it to start now moved the dizzy around now it jus sit there and turns and turns but wont start man wtf u have no clue how frustratin this is ohh and im ordered a c6 with a 4000 rpm torque converter i needed a new trany anyways fmxes blow

Reply to
frodojv2007