81 Mustang Vacuum Routing

I have an 81 Mustang, my brother had it apart to work on the rocker arm, and neglected to label the vacuum hoses coming out of the carburetor.. now we're missing a hose and it wont start. I don't have an emissions book that goes back as far as 81, so I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some info on the topic. Thanks,

Brendan.

Reply to
blinky

You might try your local public library (if you've got one). I know ours has a subscription to AllData, and it has tons of technical diagrams for many cars.

Which engine do you have in that '81? If I've got time, I'll be stopping by the library after work tomorrow to pick up a CD I've got on hold. I could also take a look at the AllData database for you while I'm at it.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Alldata stopped working for us, otherwise it would have been my first option :) I don't know about the library, I'll check tomorrow .. It's an inline 6, I plan on doing some major engine work after I get it running, finish off with a nice paint job, and sell my god-forsaken pontiac... Thanks for your help.

- Brendan

Reply to
Brendan

Well, I checked, and AllData only goes back to 1982, but fortunately, the I6 was still around in '82, and I suspect very much unchanged from the previous year.

Here's what I found:

There were five diagrams in the DB: Two standard carbs, one California carb, one high-altitude carb, and a Canadian setup. I grabbed the standard ones; if it's one of the other three, you're on your own. :)

The only difference between the two standard diagrams was that second ACV at the bottom (shown in gray).

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Thanks for the effort, hopefully this will help me out some. Unfortunately, almost every single vacuum-routing diagram was different on every single ford model in the early 80s. Here's hoping this will at least be similar :)

- Brendan

Reply to
Brendan