Cj5/151 with Rochester SE2. Need Vacuum Hose Diagram

Just rebuilt the Rochester SE2 carb on my '81 CJ5. It's the 151 engine commonly known as the "four banger". The bore is I have 5 hanging vacuum hoses and 7 tubes looking for hoses and no idea what goes where as all my marking have rubbed off. There is a vacuum hose routing diagram under the hood but it shows afr fewer hoses that I have hanging around and does not help me.

Can someone please point me to a routing diagram? In case someone knows the answer to this or has a simila Jeep I will list here what pipes looking for hoses I have.

One pipe on the choke solenoid Three pipes on the plenum that feed straight into the the intake manifold just inder the carb and Two tubes sticking out of the middle section of the carb body One from the bottom section of the carb.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Michael

Reply to
MStevens003

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I've ben to the references here that are still live (Tom Collin's site is no more) and while I have found a couple of hints for individual components I am still unsure of what to do. I have found nothing that is specifically for the 4cyl 151 engine with the 2SE so if anyone knows of links to vacuum diagrams please post.

Thanks Bill for what you have given I'll make the best of it until I get more info. Who else here has the 151 4cyl engine? Does anyone? Michael

Reply to
MStevens003

Too bad you don't live close to Toronto, I am pretty good at figuring out where vacuum lines should go to.

I was just looking in the Haynes CJ manual, and it does cover just about all of your vacuum line plumbing routing and components for the feedback carb's operation. It is not an expensive book and most auto stores sell it. Unfortunately my book is broken right at the 151 emissions section and is missing a few pages. I still see most of the system's setup.

If you are running the full emissions package, the lines route differently than if you just need functioning main items.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I've ben to the references here that are still live (Tom Collin's site is no
Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike: I have the Haynes manual (CJ'49-'86) and could find nothing in it. What page?

Reply to
MStevens003

Here are some that I still have. Time for a new book I guess...

The various valves like the CTO and TVS and the vacuum delay units are explained in the testing area of CH 6 by what opening should hook to what.

I have what I 'think' is a very complete vacuum schematic for the 4 banger carb engine with California emissions, basically everything, in another XJ Haynes manual. Those pages are missing from my CJ one.

I could scan this diagram and email it to you if you would like.

Here are some I saw:

Your TAC system for the air filter is on page 6-11.

The carb feedback electric schematic is on page 6-12.

The choke pull off vacuum diagram is on page 4-22.

As far as i know unless you have an automatic or AC, the vacuum to the idle stop is not used so that line can be ignored and plugged. Some folks use those stop solenoids as a manual fast idle by attaching power and a toggle switch to it's electrics.

Mike

MStevens003 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Oh, I have the Canadian emissions diagram for the 4 banger too. Those damn things have more vacuum lines than the 258 which I thought was insane.....

Mike

Mike Romain

Need more coffee... have the 49 state diagram as well as the Ca. and CA one also.

Mike

Mike Roma> Oh, I have the Canadian emissions diagram for the 4 banger too. Those

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike: If you have schematic for 4 banger (no ac/manual) and can email please do to michaet @ naanmix.com

Cheers

Reply to
MStevens003

That email bounced....

Mike

MStevens003 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Sorry Mike, I can't spell my own name. It's MICHAEL at Naanmix.com

Reply to
MStevens003

LOL, I was almost thinking so, but t was so far away from l...

Mike

MStevens003 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

A big thank you to Mike for his help. No smoog yuet but CJ is running so well now I think I must have it right. Thanks Mike.

Reply to
MStevens003

replying to Mike Romain , Rich wrote: Hi, Can you please re-share that schematic for the vacuum lines. Cant seem to find one either. 81 CJ5 4cyl 151ci. Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich

probably is your best bet. I don't have one, sorry.

Reply to
DougW

Going on the theory that not a lot changes. :/ revbeergoggles.com/temp/vac88xj.pdf

Reply to
DougW