"94 GT

Just noticed that something called the "crankcase emission air filter" should be replaced at 30K mile intervals. What is this and where is it located? Can't find a reference on my service CD nor the Haynes manual. Appears to be unique to the 5l engine.

Reply to
Richard

You could check at the back of the intake manifold. I don't know if its there, but I seem to recall something is back there.

Reply to
Braxus

It's UNDER the PCV valve at rear of intake.

It's actually an oil separator and gets clogged, should be changed every 30k like they say.

Many advocate using large long sheet metal screw as a "grabber" to pull it out.

read this

I wouldnt recommend leaving it out, either

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for the link. I'll pull the PCV and replace it. I wonder though, why ford calls a screen an "emission air filter".

Reply to
Richard

it's defintely there. I used to own a 95gt. It's way behind the motor. You really have to lean in to see it. I think you need to pul a hose off of it first. It's easy to get out. A needle nose set of pliers will easily get it out.

Reply to
RT