A movie for all Mustang lovers - Bullitt

If you can receive TCM (Turner Classic Movies) on your TV, one of tonight's movies is "Bullitt" staring Steve McQueen and a very special Mustang leaping through the air on the streets of San Francisco.

Years ago I read a detailed article in a auto magazine that described the frame, suspension, and other modifications necessary in order to allow that Mustang to "leap" and land successfully.

It's on TCM at 7:00 PM CST

Dick in MN

Reply to
dickr2

I'm a Mustang fan, but years ago I remember an interview with the producer of that movie. He claimed that the filming of the movie tore that Mustang up real bad where the Mopar came out pretty much unscathed. But then, maybe he was just a Mopar fan.

Reply to
Kruse

Last time I saw the movie was 40 years ago and I'm anxious to see it again. I'll pay special attention to which vehicle "leaps" the best. :-) Dick - glued to the TV tonight!

Reply to
dickr2

Way I heard it, there were several of each, and there is some question as to whether or not any of them survived.

Fun movie in any case.

Reply to
Frank ess

One mustang. Owner doesn't want to be known. Last article I read on it the owner was planning on giving it to his teenage son. So, that may mean that indeed there are none left now.

Reply to
Brent