AC on 96 3.0 V6

The air conditioning clutch isn't kicking in. Before it quit kicking in at all, it put out very cold air. I checked fuses and connections and they all seem to be good. Next, I checked the CCRM connector. Pin 21 shows normal voltage but pin 22 and 23 are dead (0 voltage). According to my trouble shooting guide, 0 volts on 22 indicates that the PMC has detected a problem with engine operation and won't let the clutch engage. My pocket scan indicated that there were no codes.

Any ideals?

Reply to
Granville

Instead of doing it the hard way... disconnect the low pressure cut out switch and short across the terminals (harness side). Does the clutch engage? If yes, there is a chance that the switch is bad or the refrigerant charge is low.

It really doesn't matter what it did before it failed.... simply because sh*t happens.

Reply to
Jim Warman