Advice needed on Mustang re-sale

Hello, I picked up a triple-white 1992 Mustang GT convertible at a good price. It's an automatic and everything works, including the power windows. It is in good shape and runs well. I intend to clean it up and re-sell it. The right side door apparently was sprung open at one time, damaging the door and fender edges. Repairs were made and the door and fender were repainted. Both the repairs and repainting were not well done and are noticeable. Here's my question: I can have the door and fender edges smoothed out and refinished and the fender and door repainted for $400. At that point, I will have $4,800 in the car. I'd like to make $1,000 on it. Will I be able to get $5,800 or more for it or should I not spend the $400 and then attempt to sell it for at least $5,400? I have already invested $400 in new leather for the front seats. The top is near perfect and the rest of the body is great. The car has only 76,000 miles on it. Your expert opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Reply to
jaspenn

Claud Spinks

I'm in the Pensacola area of the Florida Panhandle.

Reply to
jaspenn

Reply to
Claud Spinks

Thanks Claud! I plan to research cars/prices before I offer it up for sale. My main concern was really about the expense-to-income ratio, whether investing the extra $400 would produce at least $400 more in a sale. It is a very nice GT and should bring a good price, especially if I put it up on eBay. The wheels are a 5-point star design. Does anyone know if there is particular name for that wheel? Thanks again.

Reply to
jaspenn

These wheels are probably called Pony wheels. If they are thin "spokes" they could also be some variety of Cobra wheels. I would do the $400 in body work. Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

ummmmmm.....who cares about 400.00 bucks ....DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT DUDE!!!

Reply to
Riled66

LOL! That's just what I'm trying to avoid...this car is very quick and fun to drive. I keep telling myself, sell it, don't keep it--sell it, don't keep it--sell it, don't keep it...

Reply to
jaspenn