Braided steel brakelines

I am installing braided steel brake lines on my 87 Gt vert. Everything is going along well with one exception. The new braided line does not "sink" as far into the bracket (where the hardline and the flexible line meet.) Therefore, the "U" clip will not fit on the new flexible line and the line lays loose in the bracket. It appears that I may need to open the bracket up abit (with a rotary tool) to make the flexible line fit far enough into the bracket. Anybody else run into this situation? Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

I put the 2000 cobra R brembo kit on my '97. It came with braided lines. I had grind a little bit of the tooth off the bracket so the fitting would slide in there properly as I remember. Memory is a bit foggy. It didn't take much to do it. I just removed the minimum amount of material required.

Reply to
Brent P