Brakes, Baer, Brembo, or???

Who would you say is the best aftermarket brake manufacturer? Baer, Brembo, or any other you can mention? I guess for price, performance, and weight would be of concern. Me personally I plan on upgrading my fox brakes but would like to know overall which one is best in case I decide to upgrade a later model as well. Thanks.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

I've had the 2000 cobra R front brembo brakes on my car for 90K miles now. They have worked very well. I replaced the rotors about a year ago as they were close to the end of life. Other than that just pad replacements. Of course these are made for SN95s, but can be adapted to fox cars that have the SN95 front 'spindles'.

Reply to
Brent P

This is my second try at trying to post a response, so if it appears twice I'm sorry. On my 88GT 'vert I used a combination of the SSBC rear disk brake upgrade kit & replaced my 65mm front calipers with 73mm ones from a Lincoln LSC this is a relatively low buck upgrade yielding very substantial results. (The reason for the larger front calipers was to compensate for the increased pedal effort caused by the new rear disks.) The car is much improved in how solid the brakes feel & I'm pretty sure this little upgrade has kept me out of at least one accident since they were installed.

Reply to
Ironrod

Do you just buy the Lincoln calipers and the snap right in?

Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

At the moment I have the 73mm upgrade you are talking about with cross drilled slotted rotors, stainless steel brake lines, and the steel caliper inserts. It was an inexpensive kit sold about 4 or 5 years ago. These alone were an incredible change for the better. Now I am doing allot of engine work and want to be able to stop with all the new power I will have.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

I use the 73mm calipers on my Cobra kit. On the track I use Hawk HP+ pads, and on the street I use Hawk HPS. The front brakes are excellent. The 73mm caliper is a simple swap from stock. Unbolt one, and bolt on the other. I got mine from

.

Proper brake pad selection is the key to good brakes. Forget about the premium ceramic pads; they don't work any better than stock. Get a good performance pad from Hawk, Porterfield, or Performance Friction. Try

.

Reply to
.boB

Yes. I've also read that the Crown Vic's will work as well. I should note that in my case the SSBC rear disk upgrade came with a new master cylinder that turned out to be the same part as used on a Lincoln, so the calipers were already matched to the rest of the system.

Reply to
Ironrod