carburetor boiling over

I have a 65 mustang with a 68 302 w/autolite 2100. when I drive the car for about 15 min. and let it sit for about 4 min. the fuel in the float bowl starts coming out of the main fuel feed into the intake manifold. I have taken off the top of the carb and while this is happening, air bubbles are coming out of the check valve in the bottom of the float bowl(not the power valve). I have rebuilt the carb a few times, and the carb spacer is in place. my engine runs great,never stalls.My fuel tank,pick-up,fuel pump,filter,filter on carb inlet all new. If I tap on the carb with a screw driver while it is happening, it increases the amount of fuel dripping into the intake. It will continue until the bowl is nearly empty.

Reply to
Brummm

"Brummm" wrote in news:1172591355.439041.191350@

8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

Do you have a metal carb spacer or one of the fiber ones? The fiber spacer is what will cure the boiling problem. If you have one of the metal spacers that have a PCV port on the back, the fiber spacer can be installed either under or above it. If you have a metal spacer with no port, it can be replaced by the fiber one. Both may require the installation of different mounting studs.

Reply to
elaich

I never knew top posting was frowned upon...

Reply to
nospam

"nospam" wrote in news:hfudndDaV7Y8wXrYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com:

Well, it is. In many groups, top posting will get you killfiled.

Reply to
elaich