Do You Support Automotive Black Boxes?

Yes, it is our property. However, we don't live in a free country that respects private property any more.
Perhaps... but many of us don't see paranoia as a viable alternative...

I love how anyone with any sense of history is called "paranoid" for pointing out the obvious things governments tend to do... oh, but this is america, it can't happen here *boggle*... yes it can and its been happening. slowly. bit by bit....

Ok, from which all the evils fall.

Again, WTF? I've *NEVER* stated anything of the kind and if you paid the fuck attention to my posts you'd note I'm extremely anti-empire. So, Unless you got something to back up your lies STFU.

Again, WTF? I'm anti-empire. I'm one of those "kooks" who subscribes to the same school of thought as Ron Paul. I've already clued you in on that and yet you persist with bullshit about me above. The US federal government issued publications to law enforcement that classify such political views as "terrorist". The war-on-terror/drugs/whatever is about the government vs. the people of the USA more than anything else.
I am unsure if you are attacking me personally, which makes no fracking sense given my views or that you're too stupid to realize that everyone in the US aren't the same.

If voting changed anything it would be illegal. I picked that up somewhere and it's true. The US federal elections and most of the state and local ones are like voting in soviet russia. It's the same thing regardless of which of the two morons one votes for. And yes, I vote but I vote for non interventionist (domestic and foreign) libertarians (either by party or views) and write people in.
I am also tiring of cleaning up after your assholish top-posting.
Jim Warman wrote:

You never do, but when my later scenario becomes reality then you go "Damn, I never saw that coming!"
--
.

"A smorgasbord of tomfoolery" - L0afy

No! Not if it can be used against me in court (violation of 5th Amendment rights), or if my insurance company can use it to cancel my policy or raise my rates. I have no problem if the information is used simply to make sure systems operate as designed or to improve the product.
Perhaps I am paranoid, but I even object to OnStar having as much control over my car as they do.
D E Willson wrote:

Have a look at Page 6 in this 2008 Ford Mustang Owners Manual: http://www.autodealertools.com/quickQuote/manuals/2008/Mustang.pdf

As well as acceleration/deceleration and g's. Careful.... Big Brother will be watching. LOL

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100320/AUTO01/3200312/1148/auto01/GM-backs--black-boxes--bill
Let's take this to absurdity.
Driving is a privilege, not a right. When you pilot your vehicle onto the public roadway, you are a public risk and a black box is simply another way for the public to ensure that you are behaving properly. The data compiled by the black box belongs to the public, not you.
There are an increasing number of means for the public to track your movements, from red light cameras to EZ Pass to (I suppose) GPS tracking using your own cellphone. Traffic cams by the thousands will be springing up in and around cities, giving the public unlimited access to your behavior in high definition video.
The ultimate goal is to remove the driver from the equation entirely. You would program your vehicle for a destination, and the vehicle would then handle the driving chores. After all, human error is probably to blame for the vast majority of roadway incidents, so removing the humans will save billions of dollars.
If the rest of you would stop screwing up, the public would leave me in peace. But, no...
dwight

That's a notion that came about incrementally and was declared by government types for a reason. In a free society government does not grant privilege. Government grants of privilege are something from the time of kings and royalty. The grantor of the privilege can demand anything he wants in return, and thus if driving is the way we are to get around then through that mechanism the government may force us to wave all our rights. (they've been actively working towards that with things like real ID, blood draws, child support, and countless other things that are pushed through drivers' licensing)
From Brent, on 3/25/2010 5:26 AM:

It may be pointless to fight the loss of the right, but this may be interesting:
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/travel.htm
-mb
markB wrote:

While we're arm-waving (not "waiving") about the powers-that-be and their generally thoughtless chess-moves with regard to rights, privileges, and the common good, lookee here:
(Quote) You'll find this to be interesting. If you don't know her name, it's from a lady named Paula Murphy who used to drive race cars for Andy Granatelli and 'Dyno' Don Nicholson, and also was an accomplished road racing driver. (She was at one time the Fastest Woman On Earth)
----- Original Message ----- From: "plmurphy10049" To: "paula murphy" Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 02:19 PM Subject: Fw: Social Security and Obamacare..........

(Here it comes ... )

(Yes, it's likely that some congressperson's brother-in-law runs the contractor for that new system)

(End quote)

WOW! Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with all your proposals except one. Only 1 term for all politicians! The founders envisioned citizens would be appointed to serve their district, state, whatever, for one term. Not ELECTED forever! And the early senators were appointed, not elected. Don't give 'em a chance to get corrupted. And end ALL lobbyists. Let the "elected" officials answer to, and listen to, their constituents.

Waaaaaaaah!!!
Bunch of stinkin' cry-babies.
dwight
dwight wrote:

They'll get around to your ox sooner or later.

Seems to me, as I go over my weekly paycheck, that they're taking less of my ox than at any time in recent memory. Want more ox? Go for it.
dwight

Did you say this during the Bush years?
"ah" <ahatnsdapdotcom> wrote in message

No, because people were actually dying. Still are.
Money is just money. Lives are real. As we sit and cry over spilt taxes and attempts to reel in runaway corporations, let's remember that people are still dying.
dwight
NoOp wrote:
[...]

But not so good to be a recent Mustang buyer.
I was that way with scanners, too: I'd no sooner invest in a "new" model with newest technology than - oops! Here came something newer yet, and cheaper, too.
Comes with the techno-territory, eh?
--
Frank ess

Still not getting the "Want more ox? Go for it!" concept.

I kinda feel sorry from those who bought this year's GT. (Saw a beauty yesterday -- Grabber blue color with black trim -- and the guy had, what sounded like, an aftermarket exhaust. Nice car!) 315 is going to suck when the new 5.0 debuts with 412.
Patrick