Do You Support Automotive Black Boxes?

Yep, and you have 30 days to get it repaired.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Perhaps... but many of us don't see paranoia as a viable alternative...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Let's take this to absurdity.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. When you pilot your vehicle onto the public roadway, you are a public risk and a black box is simply another way for the public to ensure that you are behaving properly. The data compiled by the black box belongs to the public, not you.

There are an increasing number of means for the public to track your movements, from red light cameras to EZ Pass to (I suppose) GPS tracking using your own cellphone. Traffic cams by the thousands will be springing up in and around cities, giving the public unlimited access to your behavior in high definition video.

The ultimate goal is to remove the driver from the equation entirely. You would program your vehicle for a destination, and the vehicle would then handle the driving chores. After all, human error is probably to blame for the vast majority of roadway incidents, so removing the humans will save billions of dollars.

If the rest of you would stop screwing up, the public would leave me in peace. But, no...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

That's a notion that came about incrementally and was declared by government types for a reason. In a free society government does not grant privilege. Government grants of privilege are something from the time of kings and royalty. The grantor of the privilege can demand anything he wants in return, and thus if driving is the way we are to get around then through that mechanism the government may force us to wave all our rights. (they've been actively working towards that with things like real ID, blood draws, child support, and countless other things that are pushed through drivers' licensing)

Reply to
Brent

I love how anyone with any sense of history is called "paranoid" for pointing out the obvious things governments tend to do... oh, but this is america, it can't happen here *boggle*... yes it can and its been happening. slowly. bit by bit....

Reply to
Brent

You never do, but when my later scenario becomes reality then you go "Damn, I never saw that coming!"

Reply to
WindsorFo

It may be pointless to fight the loss of the right, but this may be interesting:

-mb

Reply to
markB

While we're arm-waving (not "waiving") about the powers-that-be and their generally thoughtless chess-moves with regard to rights, privileges, and the common good, lookee here:

(Quote) You'll find this to be interesting. If you don't know her name, it's from a lady named Paula Murphy who used to drive race cars for Andy Granatelli and 'Dyno' Don Nicholson, and also was an accomplished road racing driver. (She was at one time the Fastest Woman On Earth)

----- Original Message ----- From: "plmurphy10049" To: "paula murphy" Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 02:19 PM Subject: Fw: Social Security and Obamacare..........

(Here it comes ... )

(Yes, it's likely that some congressperson's brother-in-law runs the contractor for that new system)

(End quote)

Reply to
Frank ess

Sadly, it's probably closer to reality than you think.

Reply to
ah

WOW! Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with all your proposals except one. Only 1 term for all politicians! The founders envisioned citizens would be appointed to serve their district, state, whatever, for one term. Not ELECTED forever! And the early senators were appointed, not elected. Don't give 'em a chance to get corrupted. And end ALL lobbyists. Let the "elected" officials answer to, and listen to, their constituents.

Reply to
ah

Waaaaaaaah!!!

Bunch of stinkin' cry-babies.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

They'll get around to your ox sooner or later.

Reply to
Frank ess

Did you say this during the Bush years?

Reply to
ah

Ok, from which all the evils fall.

Again, WTF? I've *NEVER* stated anything of the kind and if you paid the f*ck attention to my posts you'd note I'm extremely anti-empire. So, Unless you got something to back up your lies STFU.

Again, WTF? I'm anti-empire. I'm one of those "kooks" who subscribes to the same school of thought as Ron Paul. I've already clued you in on that and yet you persist with bullshit about me above. The US federal government issued publications to law enforcement that classify such political views as "terrorist". The war-on-terror/drugs/whatever is about the government vs. the people of the USA more than anything else.

I am unsure if you are attacking me personally, which makes no fracking sense given my views or that you're too stupid to realize that everyone in the US aren't the same.

If voting changed anything it would be illegal. I picked that up somewhere and it's true. The US federal elections and most of the state and local ones are like voting in soviet russia. It's the same thing regardless of which of the two morons one votes for. And yes, I vote but I vote for non interventionist (domestic and foreign) libertarians (either by party or views) and write people in.

I am also tiring of cleaning up after your assholish top-posting.

Reply to
Brent

Seems to me, as I go over my weekly paycheck, that they're taking less of my ox than at any time in recent memory. Want more ox? Go for it.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

No, because people were actually dying. Still are.

Money is just money. Lives are real. As we sit and cry over spilt taxes and attempts to reel in runaway corporations, let's remember that people are still dying.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

[...]

But not so good to be a recent Mustang buyer.

I was that way with scanners, too: I'd no sooner invest in a "new" model with newest technology than - oops! Here came something newer yet, and cheaper, too.

Comes with the techno-territory, eh?

Reply to
Frank ess

Yep, if we are still here in 2013 I may have to sell off what I have for a 2 yr old 2011 5.0

Reply to
WindsorFo

I kinda feel sorry from those who bought this year's GT. (Saw a beauty yesterday -- Grabber blue color with black trim -- and the guy had, what sounded like, an aftermarket exhaust. Nice car!) 315 is going to suck when the new 5.0 debuts with 412.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Sorry, I was thinking Texas.