help...(brake pads replacement)

I just replace my 2001 v6 mustang brake pad. but for some reason now the brake is so spongy (soft) I have to push the brake pedal all the way to stop.(it feel even softer than the gas pedal). and the emergency brake hardly work. I pull on the emergency brake. but the car still move.. I got to pull it all the way until the car slow stop.. I try to bled the brake , but nothing.. I bring by pepboy.. they tell me to get a new pair of rear caliper.. but it was working find before I put in new brake pad.. can somebody tell me what is wrong. I have no idea...

Reply to
jimmy nguyen

Jimmy, I take it you replaced the rear brakes?

Where they Disc or Drum?

If you have rear disc can you explain how you pushed piston back into the caliper to make room for the new pads? and do you have rear abs?

Reply to
webmaster

Do you need to know or is it just a rhetorical question?

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to