Help keeping cats off my car

OK short of killing the cats, Not an option. What methods have you come up with to keep cats off your cars? These little dirty cat prints are driving me crazy!

Thanks Curt

Reply to
Curtis Sweeney

I cover mine with a couple of blankets and use those strong magnets to keep them in place. Possibly an option if stored inside a building.

Reply to
RJ

I had a job about 10 years ago where everybody's goal was to play jokes on everybody else. We all drove a POS vehicle to work because the place was dusty in the summer and muddy during the other three seasons of the year. There was over 100 wild cats at this place because.....1. A few employees would feed them all they could eat, and......2. There were lots of places for them to hide and multiply. Anyway, one of the tricks that never seemed to get old was taking a little sardine or tuna juice and very lightly pour it on the wiper blade or the arm of the wiper blade and then just a smidge on the roof. Think about it.

As far as keeping the cats off the cars, I can't help you. I think some of the employees did perfect how to keep them ON the vehicles though........

Reply to
Kruse

You need one of these...

BlueBuyYoo

Yich! If you ever see me driving something as small as a Ka, shoot me.

Reply to
WindsorFox

just epoxy some astroturf or some outside carpet on it. They hate it.

Reply to
Mike Fleagle

Try pepper dust on your driveway. Get it from most home and garden stores.

Reply to
davea

"Curtis Sweeney" wrote in news:m7snj.6744$v86.3698@trnddc08:

Coyote piss? They use that to keep them out of flower beds. However, the smell may be worse than the footprints.

Reply to
elaich

What's it smell like??

Reply to
WindsorFox

I'm guessing Coyote piss? LOL

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I'll try some pepper...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Just put a big ole' dog up there.

-griz

Reply to
grizL

Try leaving some cat nip and Meow Mix cat treats on the hood of your car.

Reply to
Michael

Moth Crystals repel them.

Reply to
Gill

Do you have any problems with the magnets getting dirt/dust underneath and scratching paint?

Curt

Reply to
Curtis Sweeney

Hum, doesn't work...

Reply to
Curtis Sweeney

Is this along the lines of moth balls? Have you used Moth Crystals successfully?

Curt

Reply to
Curtis Sweeney

Yes, just boarder the area with the crystals and they wont cross over. They don't like the smell I guess, same as moth balls.

Reply to
Gill

I've used pepper with limited success (not on the car, but spots near the house). Use red cayenne pepper flakes, not black pepper.

I had better luck with citrus oil - I diced lime peels and sprinkled them in the area.

For the car and driveway, I'd rub the peels (outsides of the peels to get the oil) along the driveway. Citrus cleaners would work also.

I wouldn't risk rubbing citrus on the car - Wiping the hood and trunk with a cleaner might be OK - read the labels carefully to see if the cleaners are compatible with cars. OR play it save and just spray around the car with a citrus kitchen cleaner.

Reply to
bml