Main problem with new car introductions

They happen in mid-fall. For those from the northern areas, who wants to take possession of a Mustang just as it's about to snow? In fact, if you go to sell your Mustang, dealer stats show that selling in the spring brings more money per Mustang.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

Isn't the '05 due out this spring? Wouldn't that make it an '04.5?

JS

Reply to
JS

I don't think so. I'm 99% sure we have not had any production orders for parts yet, and we should be in full swing if the car is going to hit in a month or two.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

What you say makes sense, but what executive would dare break out of the established tradition, that all carmakers have a big Fall roll-out of the new model year? There all your dealers sit with "last" year's product while all the competition is hyping and selling the new stuff. If it worked out to greater sales for the model year as a whole, you'd be golden, but if it tanked you'd be toast.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Damn same. That would have been wonderful marketing...

40 years later, the Mustang revisits its roots...

JS

Reply to
JS

Very true, but isn't there all ready a 40th anniversary model?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Could be. But maybe (as far as American cars go) breaking with tradition is a good idea? After all, executives gave us flashes of brilliance (sarcasm) like; "I'm Harley Earl, and I'm here to build you a great car." Jesus!

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

Yeah, they dropped the ball on that one. Just my opinion though.

JS

Reply to
JS