Modular engines

Took my 86 Mustang to a car show yesterday. The car next to me is a twin turbo monster. 2100 horsepower, runs 788 @181.4 MPH. And it weighs 3300 pounds with driver.

Go here

scroll down to the black 05 with Team MMR 4V Twin turobs and click on the picture. Al in Tucson

Reply to
Big Al

Pretty impressive Al, did he say how many cubes? Is it their standard 351?

Reply to
GILL

When asked, and I heard the question 10,000 times, he said it was a 5.4L. No idea if it was true or not. What was true is the last two times out it broke. First it blew motor oil all over, not sure why. And Saturday it started throwing transmission fluid. They thought that was just the front seal.

If anyone here wants to see my OT 86 Mustang, let me know and I'll send a few pictures.

Al #35 IIRC :)

Reply to
Big Al

Are they on the web somewhere? If you mean mail, just remove spamalot from my name. Do you have info on basic specs? I'm thinking you have an over 500 cubes motor or do I have that mixed up?

Reply to
GILL

To be generous, that 5.4L 4V engine might be good for 500 HP NA. As a very crude rule of thumb, every 20 PSI adds 100% more HP. So, getting

2100 HP means >60 PSI. Might be a wee bit fragile, eh? :-P
Reply to
Bob Willard

I wonder if keeping the stock look to that thing is mostly marketing, because it still is pretty heavy. Imagine if they knocked a few hundred pounds off of it. :) But I guess people see it and think, hey, looks like my car, I want to go that fast. Sell me some stuff!

Reply to
GILL