Nightline does piece on the resurgence of muscle cars

Challenger, Mustang and maybe a Camaro. Aimed (said Nightline) at 60 year old baby boomers? I doubt they'll be confined to that demographic. But, they did point out one thing; There would be nothing interesting having Steve McQueen do the Bullet chase scene in a Hyundai.

Reply to
michaelanderson4

Man... the Challenger is ALL over car discussion, I've heard three distinct references to it on various radio talk NOT particulary having to do with the automotive world.

If Chrysler had any doubts before, it's a slam dunk now. And it IS (unlike the current muscle model) a beautiful car.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Because they put an updated version of their classic grill design on it instead of that fugly truck front end. Chrysler has ruined every one of their recent RWD designs with that stupid truck front end. Whatever marketing moron decided that they should capitialize on the popularity of their truck line that way should be taken out back and pelted with something.

Reply to
Brent P

I always shudder when we refer to "modern" muscle cars.... Where is the rumpy-rump idle of a 400+ inch motor with nearly too much camshaft? What do I see if I'm not looking at a couple of Holleys perched atop a tunnel ram manifold......

No guts.... no glory.... most of all - no midnight thrashes as we get the car bac together for the weekend......

Bwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Reply to
Jim Warman

In the 06 Z06:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

What car?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:12:55 GMT, "Jim Warman" puked:

That's what happens when they come off warranty...

lab~rat >:-)

What do you call a Terminator cobra? Not a muscle car? You've obviously not ridden in one...

Jim Warman wrote:

Reply to
cprice

Oh, and "Shut up Warman".

Reply to
cprice

philoman

You gearheads are stinkin' dinosaurs. Get with the new millenium already.

I'm going to my Nissan dealer tonight to talk about ordering the new Urge. What a sweet ride THAT is. Even better when it's in Park.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I've got an Urge right now. I'll be sure to flush when I'm finished. ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

What car?