Not Impressed With Foose

Has any seen these at a Ford dealership? There's one at my local dealer and that thing (being nice) is not pretty. I think what is is, for me anyway, is the Foose cars look custom. I don't need/want bling.

Custom cars, for the most part, are never a good thing. Trends/styles wear out and when then do, you're left with modified vehicle that no longer looks attractive.

Comments...?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

That's NASTY!!!

JohnP.

JohnP

Just saw one a t a local show, i actually think its the best looking of the "tuner"/ "modifier" cars. i don't know the cars stats as far as performance or handling, but it looks finished, most look like a bunch of junk just added on dare i say rice like.

Reply to
walt peifer

It just doesn't look good. I don't know what he was going for, but it looks like something a rice-boy would do in that it is a mishmash of things seen in movies and TV.

Well it's better than the 70s pimped out boss 302 that was on ebay some time back....

Reply to
Brent P

What would you have said of the '67 Shelby Mustangs? Or better yet the '68 GT350 with the fearsome 200 hp A code hydraulic cammed 302. Now retailing for $150,000+ at an auction house near you.

Personally I would have said the same thing as you're saying about the Foose; if it don't make it go faster it's stoopid. It's stoopid to pay someone else to customize *your* car.

Err, you do recall that it was the Chipster who designed the infamous GISS II Eleanor?

Err number 2, see comment above about '68 GT350's.

Speaking of Boss 302's, it seems that Ford Racing Performance Parts is marketing a line of crate engines based on the new siamese bore, 4-bolt main (2, 3, and 4 mains anyway) "Boss 302" sportsman block. They're calling the 302 ci version "the Boss 302." The problem is these crates all use Windsor wedge heads. This is a greater heresy even than calling a GISS II Eleanor a "GT500." The Foose tie-in is that he was given one of these crates for a '69 fb that was built for the Overhaulin' show, and even as we speak that car is sitting in the hall at SEMA in Las Vegas, billed as a "Boss 302" for all the world to see.

Chip, we're grateful for the publicity for the Ford brand (particularly now as it circles the drain), but one of these days you're going to go too far.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Actually I didn't, but I never liked that car either...

Reply to
Brent P

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1162510033.527601.10830 @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

At least Chip didn't put a Chevy motor in it. LOL.

Reply to
elaich

I don't know, I'm not a big Foose or Saleen fan myself. If I want to customize my ride (which I do) I'd rather piece it together myself and get exactly the look I want, rather than what some other designer thought looked good.

IMHO, Chips' early work was really special, but his latest efforts are lacking. I think he's trying to appeal to too large an audience, and as a result has lost (or given up) his edge. Perhaps it's the pace he's setting, or the fact that he's doing more marketing and less design work himself.

mark h

Reply to
Mark Henry

While Foose has rarely turned out a car I really liked.... for example, an owner who kept a car in memory of his father, and Foose turned it into something totally different than the father had.... I do have to keep in mind that many of the advancements in auto design originated with inovative styling of people just like Foose. The George Barris designer/builders. Naturally, the Barris movie cars (Munsters, Monkeys, etc) stand out, he did a lot which was not so famous. And a lot of those designers who remained behind the scenes at Ford, Chevy, etc, brought forth what you see today.... well, Ok, forget the Edsel and the retro Tbird.... :0) LOL

Kid in my hometown was into designing and building (with his dad) and they produced, among others, a car called "Mysterion" which won a lot of car shows back in the day.

And take a look at what pe>

veeger

IMO, those weren't Shelbys. (The '65s, and to a lesser degree the '66s, were built with Shelby's true intent.) They were just Fords with Shelby emblems.

Only by people who drink B-J (Barrett-Jackson) Kool-Aid. When sanity/market forces finally do a correction those who are left holding those cars are going to lose their ass.

I agree. Factory "customs" are always desirable; aftermarket customs generally don't age very well.

I don't foresee the Foose cars aging gracefully.

IMO, that's another goofy looking custom job.

Seems they're banking of the new Edge to help pull them out. But I see that vehicle as more a floatie (too expensive and too fat) than a rescue line.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

It's no uglier then the Saleen crap.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Agreed.

I think the factory design has become so nice looking that the aftermarket's "improvements" look terrible.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L