2007-09 Model Trends from VWoA

There is some good news coming out of VWoA regarding their model lineup (at least I see it as good news). According to the following web page:

Some snippets:

Small car: VW has promised U.S. dealers a car to compete with entry-priced models from South Korea. Insiders say the answer may be a car using a modified platform from the Polo, a VW subcompact sold in Europe. The car could arrive in 2009 or 2010.

Jetta: The redesigned sedan went on sale last year. VW is abandoning its strategy of moving the Jetta upmarket. Instead, it will decontent the entry-level 2007 Jetta and slash the price.

-Bryan

Reply to
Bryan K. Walton

Even better would be an announcement that PHEV models are forthcoming. Too much to hope for, I guess.

Reply to
Papa

VW seems to always be too little, too late. By the time they do a subcompact the competition will long have it out already. The Smart car is already in the USA. However they are still hard to find. There are a few on Ebay.

Reply to
Peter Parker

I've heard of the CITY Golf & Jetta, Basically the mk4 model with 2.0 only and minimum equipement options

Reply to
Oso